Our country and our institutions are going thru changes that many of us could not foresee just a few months ago. Our new President takes office this week in spite of all the doubts and skepticism that surrounded his candidacy. All of the problems that we are facing seem distant for just a brief moment as the world pauses to consider the significance of this event. Many of you have contacted me to thank me for highlighting John McLendon in last weeks MMM and for those who have not Goggled his life’s events, there is still time to do that. But I wish for you to not try to bring perspective to these events or explain them away. My wish for you is to start a “day one” mentality!
When our language includes words like, “I wish I could take a day one mentality, but ….” This is where we all have baggage and a long memory of how we were hurt or how we think the world has been unfair. It is not that we should forget all about history, but it is about not letting history enslave us by not allowing us to learn what God wants to teach us NOW! Here are some candidates for taking a “day one” approach to life:
- Investors who are paralyzed by 2008, and cannot think rationally about the future
- Advisors who find themselves working for a different company
- Bankers who made bad loans and now must live with the consequences
- Home owners who stretched to buy more house than they could afford
- Retirees who may have to go back to work part-time to make ends meet
- Ministries that have lost focus on their long term vision
- Churches that have lost focus on their long term vision
- Dreamers who have lost or forgotten their dreams
- Doubters who want to bet against the US recovery… it’s a bad idea!
- All citizens of the USA who can move forward
On day one, we return to the basics and remember the fundamentals. What does that mean for YOU?
Romans 1:21-23 (NIV) “For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.”
Monday Morning Message Sent 1/19/09
Back to List of Archived Messages